Introduction To Pour Painting Online Youtube Live Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
Join me for a fun-filled, interactive online workshop learning pour painting with acrylic paints. You'll learn basic skills to create your own beautiful fluid art on canvas during this Youtube Live Online workshop.
Given the current issues in the world, you may be stuck at home and unable to attend one of my popular workshops in person. So, I have created this online workshop so you can still learn how to create your own pour paintings, stay busy and above all, feel inspired to keep on creating. Art is extremely benefitical for our mental health, and can certainly help particularly in this current environment.
This workshop is perfect for beginners or those who have experimented and have yet to achieve the results they desire. It will follow the same structure as my in-person beginners workshop.
No matter where you are located, this workshop can accessed with a Google Account.
LEARN MY SECRETS TO CREATING STUNNING FLUID ART
I will teach you my recipe for creating beautiful pour paintings and how to mix it correctly to avoid lumps and cracking. I do not recommend nor teach the use of glues or silicone oil for various reasons (I explain why during the class). My recipe (Acrylic paint + Floetrol) is simple and as you will see… very effective!
In this fluid art workshop, I will use Eraldo Di Paolo Artist's Acrylic Paint from Riot Art & Craft (available in Australia). If you are located overseas, you can use standard acrylic paints you can find at craft stores or online.
BENEFITS OF THIS ONLINE WORKSHOP
- You don't need to leave home! Set up a table with your supplies and get ready to create!
- Australian-based residents can purchase a starter pack that can be shipped to you before the workshop (for an additional fee). Overseas residents will be emailed a supplies list to source before the workshop
- Watch online with other participants and follow easy, step-by-step instructions
- You will also have a chance to comment and ask any questions you may have along the way
- Helpful, knowledgeable teacher
- Fun, relaxing time being creative
- You will learn how to create your own unique paintings
- Learn a new hobby
- No experience required
- Get your family involved for a fun time bonding and creating
YOU WILL LEARN
- What is fluid art/paint pouring?
- What type of equipment/supplies are needed
- The type of paints you can use
- Choosing colours that complement each other
- My recipe for achieving beautiful (but sometimes elusive) cells
- What causes cells to appear
- How to mix the recipe properly to avoid lumps
- Different pouring techniques including ‘dirty pours’, ‘flip cups’ and 'puddle pours'
- How to avoid overstretching your painting and losing effects
- Advice on how to store your painting as it dries (and how long it takes)
- Advice on how to varnish your painting
Suitable for ages 8yrs and above. Children must be accompanied online by a parent.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
• You’ll learn two popular paint pouring techniques (tecnically four techniques across two canvases)
• Downloadable Information Sheet
• The knowledge and skills to achieve the same results after the workshop
• Free lifetime email & facebook support