Introduction To Acrylic Pour Painting
Time & Location
About the Event
Join us for this fun-filled hands on workshop learning pour painting with acrylic paints.
Participants will learn basic skills to create their own beautiful fluid art on canvas during this highly interactive workshop.
Whether you are looking a fun, social time with your friends or you would like to learn a new hobby, this workshop will leave you feeling relaxed and proud of your creative achievements.
Perfect for beginners or those who have experimented and have yet to achieve the results they desire.
Please note: Limited spots are available. 25 participants to this class.
Benefits of this workshop
- You will learn how to create your own unique paintings
- Fun, relaxing time being creative
- Bond with family and friends
- Learn a new hobby
- Helpful, knowledgeable teacher
- No experience required
You will learn
- What is fluid art/paint pouring?
- What type of equipment/supplies are needed
- The type of paints you can use
- Choosing colours that complement each other
- My recipe for achieving beautiful (but sometimes elusive) cells
- How to mix the recipe properly to avoid lumps
- Different pouring techniques including ‘dirty pours’, ‘flip cups’ and 'puddle pours'
- How to avoid overstretching your painting and losing effects
- Advice on how to store your painting as it dries (and how long it takes)
- Advice on how to varnish your painting
This class is suitable for beginners – no experience is required. You don’t need to be able to draw or paint in order to learn how to pour.
Suitable for ages 8yrs and above. Children must be accompanied by a parent.
Payment is required at the time of booking.
What you will get
- 2 hours of demonstrations and interactive experience—You will pour paint your own pieces of art!
- Take home 2 x 20cm canvas art
- Information Sheet
- All supplies provided
You are welcome to bring light refreshments.
Don't dress to impress! Old clothes that you are happy to get paint on and/or an apron. Gloves are provided.
Photography & video
Photos and/or videos may be taken during the Workshop for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to be photographed, please let the Instructor know before the Workshop starts. Photography and/or video will be used to promote workshops and events via social media, marketing materials and my website.